Creating a social media post in PowerPoint can be a convenient way to design visually appealing content for your social media channels. Follow these steps:
- Open PowerPoint and create a new presentation. Click on the "Design" tab in the top menu.
- In the "Customize" group, click on "Slide Size" and choose "Custom Slide Size" from the dropdown menu.+-
- In the "Slide Size" dialog box, select "Custom" from the "Slides sized for" dropdown menu, then input the desired dimensions for your social media post (in inches or centimeters). For instance, a common size for Instagram posts is 1080 x 1080 pixels, which is approximately 11.25 x 11.25 inches (28.57 x 28.57 cm) at 96 DPI. Click "OK" to apply the changes.
- A prompt will ask if you want to "Maximize" or "Ensure Fit" for the content on your slide. Choose "Ensure Fit" to make sure your existing content remains within the new slide dimensions.
- Delete any default text boxes or placeholders from the slide.
- Design your social media post by adding text, images, shapes, icons, or any other elements you'd like to include. Use the tools available in the "Insert" tab and the formatting options in the "Home" and "Format" tabs to customize the appearance of your content. Now Insert your design elements & design your social media post.
- Once you've finished designing your social media post, save your PowerPoint presentation for future edits. You can use keyboards shortcuts, Ctrl + S for Save, or Ctrl + Shift + S for Save as.
- To export the slide as an image, click on the "File" tab, then select "Export" and click on "Change File Type".
- Choose a suitable image format, such as "JPEG File Interchange Format" or "PNG Portable Network Graphics Format," then click on "Save As".
- Select a location to save your image, enter a file name, and click "Save". When prompted to choose which slides to export, select "Just This One" to export only the slide with your social media post design.
Now you have an image of your social media post that you can upload to your desired platform. Keep in mind that each social media platform has its own recommended image dimensions and formats, so you may need to adjust the slide size and design accordingly.