Keynote, Apple's renowned presentation software, is known for its innovative features and seamless performance. However, there may be times when you find it necessary to revert to a previous version of Keynote. Whether you have compatibility concerns or simply prefer an older version, this guide will walk you through the process of installing a previous version of Keynote while adhering to the best practices.
Before we dive into the steps, it's essential to emphasize that you should only download and install Keynote from official sources, such as the App Store. Using packages from third-party or unofficial sources can pose security risks to your device and is not recommended.
Here's how to install a previous version of Keynote from the App Store:
NOTE: You'll need two systems for this process. One should have the older version of Keynote installed, and the other should be the system where you want to install the previous version.
Share the Installer Package:
1. On the system with the older Keynote version, open the "Applications" tab in the Finder.
2. Locate "Keynote", right-click (or tap with two fingers on the trackpad) and go to "Share".
3. In the "Share" menu, select "AirDrop" and send Keynote to the system where the previous version needs to be installed.
Retrieve the Shared Application:
On the receiving system, the shared Keynote application will be saved in the "Downloads" tab in the Finder.
Remove the Latest Version:
1. Open the "Applications" tab in the Finder on the system with the latest version of Keynote.
2. Remove the latest Keynote version by right-clicking (or tapping with two fingers on the trackpad) on it and selecting "Move to Bin".
Alternatively, you can drag and drop the application to the Bin. Please note that the system may ask for the previous passwords to complete this step.
Install the Previous Version:
1. Return to the "Downloads" tab where the previous version of Keynote is saved.
2. Install the application selecting it in the "Downloads" tab then dragging and dropping it onto the "Applications" tab in the left panel.
1. Once installed, open the application.
2. In the Menu Bar, click on "Keynote" and select "About Keynote" from the drop down menu to verify if the previous version of the application is successfully installed.
By following these steps, you can safely and efficiently install a previous version of Keynote from the App Store.
Remember, it's essential to maintain the security and integrity of your system by using official sources for software installation, ensuring you have compatible systems, and only using this process when necessary.
I'm not your typical creative; I'm an avid thinker and ideator who seeks out adventurous experiences and thrives on great challenges. My passion for bringing characters to life through motion results in captivating aesthetics and enthralling storytelling.